Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Yep, I'm that chick....

that chick you get behind in the grocery store line with all the coupons.  Coupons, formula checks, cash AND charge, thank you!  Seriously, I went to the local K-Roger the other day, Kroger for those of you who don't know, and saved $50 off of my $125 bill.  While I was checking out, there was this lady behind me who actually was making all this noise and said something to the effect of , "God, everytime I get in line, I get behind one of these people."  Really?  I mean seriously?  Now, here I am, with the baby train (see previous posts), clearly just trying to make it in these economic times with three babies in diapers and two on formula and do you REALLY want to try and say something to/about/towards ME - Me, the woman who is buying $125 worth of groceries with the 3 babies?  Obviously, if we are checking out we've been here for a while - this is not a quick process!  At this point, Mommy and babies are ALL cranky.  So, politely, I replied, "Obviously you either have too much money or you're blind (if you're in a hurry folks, don't get behind the baby train - come on!) but we're going to be just a few more minutes."  Which I thought showed total restraint!!!  So, she rolls her eyes and does this big sigh thing.  At this point all the babies are upset and I don't have time for her anyway.  Probably a good thing.  She still makes me mad.  Then, when I am FINALLY done at the register, the crazy "b" says, "wow, you saved a lot!" to which I reply "Yes, yes, I did."  Grinding my teeth, fake smile.....
ANYWAY, the point of this whole story was that I have been spending about 30 minutes a week to an hour finding, loading and clipping coupons.  In the past 2 weeks, I have easily saved over $100.  Did you know that most coupon websites can load to your shoppers card?  You swipe the card, and the coupons are automatically deducted!  Once you set up an account with the sites, it takes literally 2 minutes to select and load your coupons.  Then you just print your list and take it to the store so you know what you've got.  Easy peasy.  Seriously, where have I been?  Loading to your shoppers card is awesome!
Last week I saw on Rachael Ray that you can save thousands a year just by taking the time to clip coupons.  I mean in the teens thousands.  That's real money you can bank on. 
So, here are a list of the sites that I go to (typically on Sunday morning after the first round of everyone being changed, fed and back in bed): 
 Oh, and even if you don't shop at a store with a shopper's card, you can print the coupons at most of these sites.  And don't forget that most stores, like Kroger and Publix, double coupons up to 50 cents everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment