Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake!

The twins had their first birthday party this weekend.  No, this is not a post about their birthday (that will come in a day or two when I have all of the pictures), but about their cakes!  I wanted both girls to have a birthday cake of their own, but REALLY didn't want to pay for two cakes.  So, I searched and searched and found what was supposed to be super easy birthday cakes at Parenting.com.  Maggie, my Curious George lover was to get a monkey cake; Ella, my Clifford lover was to get a red dog cake.  We are talking about miles beyond my normal "open the cake mix" element here.

Saturday was cake making day - Sunday was the party.  I have never in my life felt so uncomfortable in my kitchen than I did on Saturday.  I was petrified that I was going to mess them up and ruin the whole point of having two different cakes in the first place!  Yes, I know this sounds a little extreme for some, but you other Moms out there know exactly what I am talking about.

All this stress and worry, and I get halfway through the monkey cake and it is a breeze!  It was unbelievable!!  AND, both cakes turned out EXACTLY the way I wanted them to! 

Here is baby Clifford:

And here is the Monkey:
 

How cute are they?  So, for anyone that needs a cake any time soon, check out http://www.parenting.com/birthday-cakes.  I'm talking about step-by-step directions and at a fraction of the cost of a store bought cake!  And for goodness sake, if I can do it, then ANYONE can!

No comments:

Post a Comment