Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Karlie Bea is Three!

The noodle is three today, or "tree" as she says, holding up anywhere from 2 to 5 fingers.  This is an amazing age.  Who knew parenting got to be so fun?  Karlie is a very well-spoken, determined, smart, sweet, thoughtful, stubborn, thrill-seeking, spitfire of a little girl.  One minute she says, "Oh, I'll be happy to do that for you Mommy."  Then in the next breathe she says, "Oh, I don't think so.  Look, at me Mommy."  And she takes my chin in her little hand and turns my head to look at her and she says, "I just don't think I can do that now, Mommy.  It will be ok."  She makes me laugh every day - outloud, rolling on the floor laugh, and I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say that I love how stubborn and outspoken she is. 

Lately, we are very much into pretend and play-acting, tea-parties and such.  Here we are last night - she, Ba (More about Ba)and Bunny are having a snack before bed.  We had to pull carrots for Ba and Bunny, then pick a pepper for Karlie. 
Then He-Whore had to eat.  Yes, yes, that's right.  It may look like Eyore, but his name is He-Whore.  Not only is his name He-Whore, but I was told that I "needed" a He-Whore too.  My response?  "Yes, yes, baby girl, I do, don't I?"

That one still makes me laugh.  Three is such a great age.

Happy Birthday Karlie Bea.

1 comment:

  1. Jenn - I am so proud of your blog and the stories you write. They bring back so many memories of when you, Trac and Lyn were growing up. So here is a short one!
    You loved helping me cook in the kitchen. One of our favorites was to make a bar cookie called 'Snickerdoodles'. No matter how hard we worked on pronunciation, it still came out as 'nickernoodles'. Love you - Mom

    ReplyDelete