Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Calamity Jenn

This is the first spring/summer in 4 years that I have not been pregnant.  Four years!!!  It's funny because all the time the hubs and I will be doing something and we realize that I'm actually not pregnant and things are different.  For example, we ordered our monthly pizza the other night and he said, "oh, I forgot to tell them no sausage, I'll call them back."  Well...I can have sausage now, and for about a year we still have been ordering without. 

Anyway, in what feels like my newfound body (at least it's solely mine!), I've apparently done just about everything I could do to my body without having to go to the hospital in the past 3 months.  Thus far this summer I have:

1.  Torn a tendon in my foot walking the girls back and forth to the park and had to wear a boot to fix it (that was really fun with my 3 by the way).
2.  Contracted poison sumac because I was hopping the fence to cut down bamboo (I am selling it on Craigslist and it is nasty overgrow back there.)
3.  Had a near death experience in finding out that I am allergic to hollyhocks (which of course I decorated with all through my house for the babies' party) in which my throat closed up so much I thought I would suffocate, and I literally wanted to scratch my skin off.
4.  Stepped on a wasp and been covered in ticks - that was the bamboo again (both of which aren't really that big a deal, but I HATE TICKS and will never forget that. 
5.  And finally, I now have a very swollen ankle - probably just sprained because I was able to walk it off for the most part - from a stupid hole in my yard beside the garden. 

Literally, all of this in just 3 months.  My sister always says "if it's gonna happen to anyone, it will happen to you."

I think she's right - it's a hell of a lot better than being pregnant though.

No comments:

Post a Comment