Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Things They Say and Do...

So we bought Karlie a fish.  We bring it home and get the bowl all ready to go - after an exceedingly long time of each tiny rock being strategically placed, and then re-placed.  We FINALLY get the fish in the bowl and it is time to feed him.  The fish in question has been named Petie, Petie the Goldfish by the way.  So I show Karlie how to take out 1-2 flakes and put them in the bowl.  She then proceeds - in the lightning fast way that 2 and 1/2 years have - to pinch out about 1/4 of the bottle of food and dump it into the bowl, of course with a big "Ta Da".  Almost before I could blink!  So, I'm looking at the bowl, entirely covered up with fish food, some of it swirling around the bowl like a pink blizzard, and decide Petie is probably not going to make it - he is going to explode.  Well, after all this food, of course he starts pooping....and pooping.  Since we've not had a fish before of course we discuss this and everything seems to be fine.  At this point, I think I am getting a baby ready to eat, I see Karlie with a diaper and wipe laid out on the table beside the bowl and her hand in the water trying to get Petie out.  After a few moments, she realizes she can't fish Petie with her hands, so she goes to get a cup!  She takes the cup and is trying to fish him out of the water, just like the guy at the aquarium!  After I stop laughing, because I now know what it is she trying to do, I ask her and she says, "I have to get Petie out Mommy, he needs clean butts." 

I think my stomach muscles are still sore from laughing so hard.  

And in case you were wondering - Karlie is still not happy that Petie doesn't get clean butts.  She thinks that his poop is "really yucky."

No comments:

Post a Comment