Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Mommy Blues

Christmas - which was incredibly stressful this year - is over and I am still feeling the stress.  Maybe it's because it's January and I can't play outside, maybe it's because we are officially broke - no amount of coupons or bargain shopping can help.  Either way, I am feeling really down lately.

My husband went out of town last week.  That was a blast.  During which my two big dogs attacked our little dog.  She had a gapping wound in her side the size of my hand.  We got her all fixed up, back home and recovering, and as I let her outside Thursday morning, I turned around to grab the garbage bag, and witnessed my two big babies attacking her again.  I don't know what she did or what is wrong with them, but we can no longer keep them with Karlie and the babies around.  Sallie, that is the only dog I've ever had, is the primary instigator.  Our dogs have been part of our family for so long that I can't even imagine what it is going to be like without them.  That's part of it.

My sister is not coming over on Tuesday and Thursday to "let me shower" anymore.  It was usually only for about 30 minutes to an hour, but man that kept me grounded.  I know that's part of it. 

Our finances have really taken a hit lately.  I'm sure I speak for every SAHM out there because you all know the feeling of frustration because you want to contribute financially, but it's just silly to work to put the kids in day care, and personally I'm exhausted by 5pm every day, so I don't know how working nights would be.  I think it's even more frustrating when you used to be the bread winner.  The bread winner - good lord, that seems like a long time ago.  I think that is a big part of it.

So, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.  I need to change my ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The babies are doing great, and starting to crawl.
I am looking into getting my masters online during my "spare" time.
Soon it will be spring.

Ok, I'm done with Mommy Blues.  I don't believe in being depressed and I don't have time for that crap anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, I like your attitude,you can encourage other young people to get through the challenging days of the economy! I always looked for free things to do with the children when ours were young. A trip to the Ymca to swim or play sports, visits to local hands on museums, library programs. Do you belong to a play group? I'm sure you realize we're all in this economic slump together, imagine if we had to endure what the Haitians are surviving.Remember you have to find time for yourself, your children need you, but they need the best of you, and even the best Mom needs time to regroup! I wish you were here, I'd make sure I had lots of Grammie time with the girls! Keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers!
    Love hugs and kisses
    Jan

    ReplyDelete